Summer internship: Matematician/DSP-engineer
At Birdsview, we believe that an environment of inclusion, diversity and fun is beneficial for everyone. We are constantly building a better workplace with equal opportunities.
Birdsview is a young Norwegian technology company on a mission to change the way we preserve critical infrastructure for a more sustainable and secure future.
Infrastructure is one of society’s most important assets. It makes up the buildings we live in, the bridges we cross and the power grid that provides us with electricity. These structures are aging rapidly, and solutions that help preserve and secure critical infrastructure are now needed more than ever. To achieve this we have developed unique technology using Ground Penetrating Radar and advanced software that enables us to transform data into insight, for accurate and efficient assessment of critical infrastructure.
We have proudly launched our first product for health monitoring of the power grid, helping our power grid customers ensure a reliable power supply to more than 4 million people in the Nordics. We are well funded and recently raised 20 million NOK from solid VCs and investors like Eviny Ventures, Statkraft Ventures, Hafslund, Eidsiva and Erik Bakstad, CEO of Ardoq. We are now looking to scale our technology and take our products to a global market and new verticals.
Birdsview is looking for a student with strong math and programing skills.
This summer we are going to explore a new market segment for our technology and we want to take student with us on this journey. A showcase product for this new application shall be developed, where a small group of students are given the opportunity to show their skills in developing and testing this new product together with skilled engineers from Birdsview.
You will be the bridge between the math and algorithms that analyse sensor data and the IT system that make value for the customer. You will gain experience with developing and deploying state of the art algorithms using AI, optimization as part of a new product.
- Customize Birdsviews analysis algorithms for a new application
- Code new algorithms for analysing sensor data from Birdsviews GPR radars
- Work together with a team of summer students to develop the first version of a new product.
Benefits you will love
- Be part of a scaling startup company with technology that makes a difference to society.
- Strong focus on well-being, with regular social events and company trips.
- Varied and exciting tasks in an environment where you have a lot of influence. Do you have a great idea for a solution? Cool, Let’t do it your way!
- Work with caring and ambitious colleagues, devoted to helping each other.
- Competitive salary and great working facilities at StartupLab Bergen, centrally located in Solheimsviken.
Characteristics we hope you possess
- Good math knowledge
- Good knowledge of the programming language Python
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong people and communication skills
Feedback from earlier summer and part time employee
“Det har vært kjempemorsomt å jobbe i Birdsview! Man har mye påvirkningskraft, lærer mye, og det er i tillegg et veldig bra arbeidsmiljø her.”
- Ingrid Asklund Larssen, Softwareutvikler
Send application, CV and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted consecutively. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com for questions.