Summer internship: Designer
At Birdsview, we believe that an environment of inclusion, diversity and fun is beneficial for everyone. We are constantly building a better workplace with equal opportunities.
Birdsview is a young Norwegian technology company on a mission to change the way we preserve critical infrastructure for a more sustainable and secure future.
Infrastructure is one of society’s most important assets. It makes up the buildings we live in, the bridges we cross and the power grid that provides us with electricity. These structures are aging rapidly, and solutions that help preserve and secure critical infrastructure are now needed more than ever. To achieve this we have developed unique technology using Ground Penetrating Radar and advanced software that enables us to transform data into insight, for accurate and efficient assessment of critical infrastructure.
We have proudly launched our first product for health monitoring of the power grid, helping our power grid customers ensure a reliable power supply to more than 4 million people in the Nordics. We are well funded and recently raised 20 million NOK from solid VCs and investors like Eviny Ventures, Statkraft Ventures, Hafslund, Eidsiva and Erik Bakstad, CEO of Ardoq. We are now looking to scale our technology and take our products to a global market and new verticals.
Birdsview is looking for forward-thinking design students for a 6-week internship during the summer of 2023!
This summer we are going to explore a new market segment for our technology and we want to take students with us on this journey. A showcase product for this new application shall be developed, where a small group of students are given the opportunity to show their skills in developing and testing this new product together with skilled engineers from Birdsview.
You’ll be the main designer on this team, helping shape the solution from conception to finished product.
- Communicate with business developer and the customers to understand the customer needs
- Design the UX for a new application
- Work with the technical team to implement your designs
Benefits you will love
- Be part of a scaling startup company with technology that makes a difference to society.
- Strong focus on well-being, with regular social events and company trips.
- Varied and exciting tasks in an environment where you have a lot of influence. Do you have a great idea for a solution? Cool, Let’t do it your way!
- Work with caring and ambitious colleagues, devoted to helping each other.
- Competitive salary and great working facilities at StartupLab Bergen, centrally located in Solheimsviken.
Characteristics we hope you possess
You are a design student in your 3-5 year
Strong people and communication skills
You are creative and contribute with own ideas
Has some experience with web and app design (WordPress, Figma, Adobe etc.)
Feedback from earlier summer and part time employee
“Det har vært kjempemorsomt å jobbe i Birdsview! Man har mye påvirkningskraft, lærer mye, og det er i tillegg et veldig bra arbeidsmiljø her.”
- Ingrid Asklund Larssen, Softwareutvikler